Monday, August 25, 2014

Oatmeal, TRAX, and college!

     Today was my first day as a freshman at the University of Utah and man, was it something! My day started out by waking up at 5 am. Why? Because, I had to have the most important meal of the day on my first day of college (I had oatmeal for breakfast).

Boarding the TRAX at 6:15 am

      I arrived at the TRAX station at about 6:10 am. I kind of regret taking a class at 7:30 am... It's like high school all over again! Anyway, I arrived at the University at about seven and made it to my class ten minutes early. My first class wasn't bad, the instructor just went over the syllabus and what to expect from the course... nothing else, really. It also helped that one of my friends from Kearns has the same class as I do! My following class, writing 2010, also went over the syllabus.

Great view of the valley/stadium from the Marriott library!
     After that ended, I had a three hour break to do whatever I wanted. So what did I do? I went to the library of course! It's HUGE, I think it's about six stories high! It's going to take a while to learn where everything is in that maze. During my time at the library, I started to do my assigned reading, which was about forty pages. I found myself rereading passages over and over again. I guess I probably should've read a book over the summer, like The Giver, which I heard is a great read. 

J. WIllard Marriott library.. one word, big. 
     After my three hour break, I went to my last class, which is a combination of business/philosophy/humanities/ethics class. Interesting combination, but I'm looking forward to this class the most. 

The beautiful David Eccles School of Business!
     I even made a few soon-to-be-friends in some of my classes, which is a start. I'm generally not socially awkward or weird when meeting people for the first time AND my good looks always help (joking). I'm excited for my freshmen year of college and I'm looking forward to making new friends, memories, and experiences! 

I even got a free ticket to the B.o.B concert!

One last thing: there are many beautiful people in college. I feel like a solid one on a scale of one to ten in the looks department when I was walking around campus! 


GO UTES!

No comments:

Post a Comment