Friday, August 22, 2014

Underdressed

     First of all, I want to say hi to anyone that is going to be reading my blog. My bio on here contains a few things about me that come to mind when someone asks me "tell me a little about yourself", however, there's definitely a lot more about me than that (hopefully)! I'm 18, a freshmen (again, sadly) at the University of Utah planning to pick a major in the business field. My favorite color is purple, my shoe size is 10 1/2 (although I used to wear size 13 mens shoes...), I used to be 80 lbs heavier than I am now, I'm committed to not gaining the freshmen 15, I'm hispanic, a first generation college student, and I love burritos.

     I decided to start blogging because I was inspired by a friend, former teacher, and advisor of mine, Phaedra Johnson! Her blog is absolutely amazing, just like herself! I hope mine will someday shine just as bright (like a diamond (Rihanna Navy). If you like travel, theatre, hockey, and the jazz, check her blog out!


Here is a picture of Phaedra and I at my graduation ceremony.

     Today, I went up to the U on trax for a Business Scholars program orientation that began at 9:40 am. It was a horrible waking up earlier than I have to to go to work on my day off. I miss the days I could just sleep in a.k.a. when I was a baby. After riding the UTA Trax for 45 minutes, I arrived at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts plaza and immediately realized that I was terribly underdressed! I read the email the night before saying to dress casual, but apparently another one was sent to dress business casual. There's not a better feeling in the world than wearing jeans, vans, and a t-shirt next to a guy who's wearing slacks and a tie! Anyway, the orientation lasted until 3:30 pm. It was definitely an eye opener. Out of about 3300 students beginning at the U at the school of business this year, only 142 of them are in the program, which definitely gave me a boost in my self-esteem! I am excited to be studying different majors such as marketing, finance, and business management (just to name a few) this year AND travel domestically to Phoenix, AZ and San Francisco, CA. Oh, and did I mention the international trip to Paris and Amsterdam this upcoming summer? STOKED!

The director of the program also gave us a high quality backpack to each scholar!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bruno!! I am so proud of you! I look forward to reading your blog because I know you will have so many wonderful experiences! You are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I can read your blog!! The U is lucky to have you, knock them dead :)

    ReplyDelete